Enno MammenProfessor for Mathematical Statistics
Institute for Applied Mathematics
Im Neuenheimer Feld 205
69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 6221 54 14180 , Fax: +49 (0) 6221 54 14101
EducationHabilitation, Heidelberg University, 1992;
Ph.D. in Mathematics, Heidelberg University, 1983;
Diplom in Mathematics, Heidelberg University, 1980.
CareerHeidelberg University, Professor, Chair for Mathematical Statistics 2014 - present;
Academic Supervisor of the International Laboratory of Stochastic Analysis and its Applications, Higher School of Economics, Moscow 2014 - present;
University of Mannheim, Professor, Chair for Statistics 2003 - 2014;
Heidelberg University, Associate Professor, 1995-2003;
Humboldt-Universität, Berlin, Associate Professor 1993-1995;
Heidelberg University, Assistant Professor 1986 - 1989 and 1990 - 1993;
University of Frankfurt, Visiting Professor, 1989-1990;
Heidelberg University, National Research Center 123 "Stochastic Mathematical Models", Research Position, 1980-1982,1983-1985;
University of Berkeley, German Science Foundation Grant, 1982;
CWI Amsterdam, Visiting Researcher, 1983.
Awards, Fellowships, ...Heinz-Maier-Leibnitz-Prize, 1989;
Fellow of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics, 1998;
ERC (European Regional Committee, Bernoulli Society)/ IMS (Institute of Mathematical Statistics) Liaison Person, 1995-1998;
Elected Member International Statistical Institute, 2000;
Scientific Secretary of the Bernoulli Society, 2000-2004;
Member of Scientific Board of the Mathematical Research Institute Oberwolfach, 2010-present;
Member of the ERC-Advanced Grants Panel, Mathematics 2012, 2014/2015;
Member of the IMS Fellow Committee, 2012-2014,
Chair of the IMS Fellow Committee 2014.
Associate editor of the following journalsAnnals of Statistics, 1997- 2012; Bernoulli, 2000-2004, 2012- ; Computational Statistics, 1995-2005; ESAIM: Probability and Statistics, 1995-2000; Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series B, Statistical Methodology, 2001-2005; Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 2012- ; Mathematical Methods of Statistics, 1996- ; Statistica Sinica, 2009- ; Statistics, 1996- ; Test, 1996-2000.
Funding in the last ten years
- PI "Application of nonparametric modelling and resampling methods for statistical inference on the structure of multivariate time series." In the framework of German Science Foundation (DFG) priority programme 1114 "Mathematical methods for time series analysis and digital image processing", 2002-2008, 1 post doc position.
- PI: "Statistical inference on the shape of multivariate curves: mode detection, level set estimation and classification" DFG, 2002-2008, 1 post doc position.
- PI: "Estimation of Quantile and other Nonparametric Statistical Functionals in Non- and Semiparametric Regression and Autoregression Models." DFG, 2005-2010, 2 post doc positions.
- PI: "Smooth Backfitting for Structured Nonparametric Regression Models", DFG, 2010-2011, travel money and staying expenses for visitors from South Korea.
- Co Investigator, "Graduate School of Economic and Social Sciences: Empirical and Quantitative Methods", Excellence Initiative Grants Committee, 2006-2017.
- Project Coordinator: "Statistics for Stochastic Differential Equations" DFG and Russian Foundation for Fundamental Research, 2009-2012, travel money and staying expenses for visitors from Russia.
- PI: "Political Economy of Reforms." Collaborative Research Center, Mannheim, SFB 884, 2010-2014, 3 post doc positions in joint projects.
- PI: Swiss-German Research Group 'Statistical Regularisation and Qualitative Constraints' . DFG, 2008-2014, 1 post doc position.
- PI: "Statistical Inference on Sets, Nonparametric Financial Time Series and Extreme Value Theory", DFG, 2012-, travel money and staying expenses for visitors.
- Speaker, Research Training Group "Statistical Modelling of Complex Systems and Processes", Heidelberg/Mannheim, 2013- , DFG.